Priorities and goals
Combining the hydrogen expertise of many to reach common goals
Using existing structures to create advantages for all involved - Hydrogen Austria's core emphases yield benefits for all players.
The cluster Hydrogen Austria is THE information hub for players in the Austrian hydrogen sector. When it comes to Austria's hydrogen activities, it serves as a driving force, a catalyst and a networking powerhouse.
- pools and strengthens Austria's existing technological and economic hydrogen expertise
- brings together business, industry and science
- enhances the national and international visibility of Austria's expertise in the hydrogen sector
- provides existing Austrian initiatives and projects in the field of hydrogen with a platform offering the chance to exchange information, utilise synergies, enter into strategic partnerships and reach common goals more quickly.
Advancing hydrogen technology together
In its work, Hydrogen Austria is focussing on the energy consumption sectors of mobility (in particular freight and heavy goods vehicle traffic and public-utility transport), industrial use, heat and power generation using hydrogen and hydrogen for power grid stabilisation and sector coupling. Hydrogen Austria is not creating any new structures; rather, it is providing added value for all involved in the sector through networking and the utilisation of existing structures.
Hydrogen Austria is playing a role in:
- helping local companies to develop innovative products, services and processes to enhance their competitive advantage
- helping local research institutions to develop and improve their research expertise in the field of hydrogen
- the decarbonisation of local industry
- achieving energy transition goals
- lowering our dependence on nuclear and fossil fuels
- reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- promoting the departure from conventional energy sources
- reaching climate goals
Find out more about the services offered by Hydrogen Austria and how you can contribute to the Hydrogen Austria cluster.